The Business Developer Lead is responsible for helping grow the company by finding new opportunities, researching leads, establishing relationships with potential clients and arranging appointments. Said person would determine which companies, brands, and influencers are worth partnering with and ultimately engaging and closing partnership deals.
This involves a lot of phone calls, face-to-face meetings, follow up calls, product update meetings, check in calls, performance updates, etc.
In order to successfully do this job, one must have attention to detail and have their attention split in multiple directions daily. This isn’t limited to vendors either. It is also important to build relationships with industry peers working at competitors or to join Linkedin/Google Groups to understand where the rest of the industry is headed.
Duties & Requirements
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
- Increasing client base
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Writing business proposals
- Negotiating with stakeholders
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Identifying and applying for grants and any online opportunity
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
- Negotiation Skills
- Communication and Creative Skills
- Goal Focused
- Organizational Skills and Analytical Skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
2+ Years experience in sales
Start-Up Experience a plus